Introduction to Masters in Civil Engineering in Germany
In Germany, the civil engineering business is expected to earn 49.6 billion USD in 2023, up from 43.2 billion USD in 2018. It means that civil engineering graduates will have many job opportunities.
Germany has the lowest graduate unemployment rate in Europe, at 2.3%.
Is masters in engineering free in Germany?
If you choose a government-funded German public university, you can study civil engineering masters in Germany for free.
If you go to a private German university, you need to pay for your masters in civil engineering Germany.
We suggest you find a German public university which will be affordable without compromising the quality of education.
What is the scope of Civil Engineering in Germany?
You can work as a civil project engineer, construction engineer, construction technician, architect, structural engineer, young civil engineer, civil engineer in hydraulic engineering, nuclear engineer, site manager, quantity surveyor, geotechnical engineer and more.
You get to work in significant companies like Bauer AG, Worley, Wolff & Muller, Siemens energy, Thyssen Krupp, Ericsson, Zeppelin GmBH, Hochtief, KAEFER, GOLDBECK and more.
Your annual salary can be between 25,000 euros to 65,000 euros.
What is best time to apply for MS in Germany?
There is no specific time to apply to public universities in Germany for a master’s in civil engineering.
There usually are two intakes for applying for master’s civil engineering in Germany; summer and winter intake.
You do not need to decide which intake or the application deadline as you will start your application process well before time.
You can use the time to learn the German language while applying for your master’s course.
Can I study Master’s in Civil Engineering in Germany in English?
If you enrol in an English-taught civil engineering master’s course, you can do civil engineering masters in Germany in English.
Since you will be in a purely German environment, it would be best if you could also speak German.
You might need German to converse with Germans and educate yourself about the history and geography of Germany’s origin and varied heritage.
Can you study in Germany without learning German?
The answer is a big YES!
A purely English-taught programme is available for civil engineering masters in Germany.
You need not require any German proficiency for that programme.
You will live in a German community, German culture and a German university. So, it is highly recommended if you have basic knowledge of the German language.
You can reach Germany and start learning German before commencing your masters civil engineering in Germany (Masters in Germany).
The German teachers are trained professionally according to Germany’s lifestyle and accent. You will learn proper German from those qualified teachers in Germany.
Requirements for Masters in civil engineering in Germany
- You need a pertinent bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, structural engineering, or any relevant area with high academic marks.
- You must produce a motivational letter for studying civil engineering master’s in Germany.
- The motivational letter (ML), also known as a statement of purpose (SOP), is a document explaining your desire and passion for choosing your particular course at a German university.
- If you don’t know to write a motivational letter for a university in Germany, our counsellors will help and assist you with the same.
- You might require an English proficiency certificate if you opt for civil engineering masters in English and do not belong to a native English language-speaking country.
- If English is your first language, you don’t require to produce an English fluency certificate.
- You should show your German proficiency through a certificate when you pick a German-taught programme.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Your passport
Do I need to learn German to study in Germany for free?
If you wish to study in Germany for free (free education in Germany), you ought to learn German, especially if you settle on a German-medium masters course.
You don’t need to worry if you don’t have any idea about the German language.
Our counsellors will help you by setting you up with German teachers to train and educate you until you meet the eligibility criteria.
Another option that we recommend is studying German in Germany.
German teachers are trained well and professionally learn how to teach German to international students.
Since you will be in Germany surrounded by German-speaking people, you can learn German effectively and adequately if you learn in a German teaching school.
Conclusion for Masters in Civil Engineering in Germany
Civil engineers have an upbeat attitude and a positive outlook on the future.