Are you interested to study in Germany?
If yes, then the following information will be useful to you.
In this article, we will explore the Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences (HSBI).
BIELEFELD UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES (HSBI)
Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences (HSBI), officially called Hochschule Bielefeld, located in the vibrant city of Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany, stands as a beacon of excellence in higher education when it comes to study in Germany.
Hochschule Bielefeld was founded in 1971, and it was among the pioneering institutions of higher education in Germany‘s initial wave of Fachhochschulen establishments.
With a rich history of academic tradition dating back decades, HSBI has consistently evolved to meet the dynamic demands of modern education and industry.
Its commitment to innovation, interdisciplinary learning, and practical knowledge application has positioned it as a key player in applied sciences.
The University maintains solid collaboration with the industrial and corporate sectors, as well as social and cultural institutions within the region.
At Hochschule Bielefeld, students embark on a transformative educational journey, equipping themselves with the skills and expertise needed to thrive in today’s competitive global landscape.
The university’s state-of-the-art facilities, world-class faculty, and strong industry connections provide a fertile ground for academic and personal growth.
The university not only has one location but three study locations, which helps foster interdisciplinarity and close exchange of teaching and research.
The three locations are,
THE FACULTIES AND THE PROGRAMS OFFERED
Let us now explore the faculties and the programs offered at Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences. They are listed below,
FACULTY OF DESIGN AND ART
- Design (3 semesters)
- Design (4 semesters)
FACULTY OF MINDEN CAMPUS
Study programs in Minden:
- Business Administration and Engineering (work-integrated)
- Civil Engineering (full-time | collaborative)
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering (work-integrated)
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (work-integrated)
- Project Management Construction
- Computer Science
- Integral Construction
- Integrated Technology and System Development
- Integrated Technology and System Development (part-time)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS
- Applied Mathematics
- Biotechnology and Instrumentation Engineering
- Digital Logistics (Work-integrated, Gütersloh)
- Digital Railway Systems
- Digital Technologies (Work-integrated, Gütersloh)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Part-time)
- Engineering Computer Sciences
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Industrial Engineering and Management (Work-integrated, Gütersloh)
- Mechanical Engineering (Part-time)
- Mechanical Engineering (Full-time | Collaborative)
- Mechatronics / Automation (Work-integrated, Gütersloh)
- Product-Service Engineering (Work-integrated, Gütersloh)
- Renewable Energies
- Applied Automation (Part-time, Gütersloh)
- Data Science (Master of Applied Research)
- Digital Technologies (Part-time, Gütersloh)
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management (Part-time)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Optimization and Simulation
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Social Work
- (Early) Childhood Education
- Social Transformation Studies
BIELEFELD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Business Administration
- Business Administration (Part-time, Bielefeld)
- Business Administration (Part-time, Gütersloh)
- Business Administration (Work-integrated)
- Business Information Systems
- Business Information Systems (Work-integrated)
- Business Law
- Business Psychology
- International Studies in Management
- Business Information Systems
- Business Law and Contract Drafting
- Business Psychology
- Controlling Finance Accounting
- General Management (Part-time, MBA)
- Human Resource Management and Organisation
- International Business Management
- Management for Engineering and Natural Sciences (Part-time, MBA)
- Marketing and Sales
- Production and Logistics
- Taxation and Audit
- Compliance Manager Digitalisation and Law
- Doing Business in …
- International Project Management
FACULTY OF HEALTH
- Midwifery (Work-integrated)
- Health (Nursing, collaborative)
- Health (Therapy, collaborative)
- Advanced Nursing Practice (Part-time)
- Vocational Education Science for Health Professions
- Digitalization in Health – Developments and Challenges
- Fields of Action for Vocational Teachers in the Health Sector
- Management and Development of Health-Sector Schools
If you are interested in study in Germany? Then these information are for you.
The university offers the following facilities to boost internationalization:
- Study-related stays abroad (semester abroad, internships abroad, short stays, study in Germany)
- Studies at HSBI for international students
- Organizing and financing stays abroad for students and employees
- Cooperation with international universities from European and non-European countries
Let us explore this in detail.
International Students | Degree-Seeking Students
Hochschule Bielefeld offers a wide array of interesting study programs to choose from.
It’s open to students from all countries.
Students can study for a bachelor’s or a master’s degree; in some fields of study, obtaining a doctorate in cooperation with a university is possible.
Not only can international students study, but they also get many other benefits, like scholarships and financial support.
Let us explore the scholarships the university provides for international students.
It is financial assistance in accordance with the federal law on education and training grants. The university offers this program to support international students financially.
4 Financial Aid Scholarships
This scholarship will assist international students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at HSBI.
3 Full-Year Scholarships
The full scholarship is available to international students enrolled in any bachelor’s or master’s program at HSBI. The scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate extraordinary academic achievement and exceptional dedication to social engagement.
1 CLAAS Matching Funds Full-Year Scholarship
The CLAAS scholarship is meant for undergraduate and graduate students, with a preference for those enrolled in technical disciplines such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems.
5 Semester Scholarships
This scholarship is available to international students in undergraduate and graduate programs at HSBI. The award is bestowed upon students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement or a strong dedication to social engagement.
1 Full-Year Scholarship from the Böllhoff Family
Michael Böllhoff offers a comprehensive annual scholarship, funded by his personal funds, to support talented students from HSBI.
Incoming Exchange Students
The university welcomes exchange students as well to HSBI for their semester or year abroad.
Let us explore the programs that are listed for the incoming exchange students listed below
The university also offers student dorms for the incoming exchange students whose applications are selected. They don’t have to apply specifically.
Freshers’ Weeks is a week-long event that includes various workshops and social events to familiarize students with the campus, their peers, and the academic atmosphere.
Erasmus+ is a European Union initiative aimed at providing assistance for educational, training, youth, and sports endeavors for students inside Europe.
Other Facility for all the International Students
As the university offers various scholarships and Exchange facilities, it’s time to know the living expenses and other facilities that international students get from the city.
Living Expenses for a student living in Bielefeld:
To meet their expenses, students residing in Bielefeld typically require a monthly budget ranging from €700 to €800.
The real expenses incurred by individuals are heavily influenced by their respective lifestyles.
Educational institutions frequently provide students discounted rates at various cultural establishments such as museums and theatres.
Since HSBI lacks a centralized career center, JobTeaser is a fantastic way to find internships or part-time work in and around Bielefeld. The portal serves as a medium through which companies and lecturers can promote and publicize internship and employment opportunities.
INTERNATIONAL NETWORKS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences boasts a comprehensive network of over 150 esteemed partner universities across the globe.
These cooperative relationships facilitate scientific interaction and provide Hochschule Bielefeld’s students with a streamlined opportunity to study abroad for a semester.
Some of the partner universities are mentioned here,
- University of Alberta
- Concordia University
- Paderborn University
- OWL University of Applied Sciences
Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences boasts a vibrant and diverse research profile that reflects its commitment to innovation, practical knowledge application, and addressing contemporary challenges.
The research activities at HSBI encompass a wide array of disciplines and fields, contributing to the advancement of both academic knowledge and real-world solutions.
The University has partnered with many Research institutions to make its research profile successful.
Let us explore some of its Research Institutions and partnered institutions
Institute for Education and Health-Care Research in the Health Sector (InBVG)
This institute examines the diverse research and development initiatives, contemporary concerns, and obstacles encountered within the healthcare industry while formulating strategic courses of action.
Institute for Technical Energy Systems (ITES)
The primary goal of this institution is to develop advanced methodologies for addressing the issue of renewable energies through the implementation of power plants and storage facilities capable of quick control and process optimization. Another focus is on the energy-efficiency sector, specifically LED lighting, to engage various individuals and communities.
Cooperations and Partnerships
Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences maintains tight collaborations with firms across several industrial sectors across Germany.
Implementing the flexible study idea enables organizations to efficiently and specifically teach their newly hired personnel while minimizing costs.
Work assignments, typically lasting approximately three months, integrate theoretical course content with practical application.
In this manner, students are acquainted with their forthcoming obligations and progressively assume accountability.
Some of the partnered cooperations are,
- it’s OWL
- Mieletec laboratory
As we explored the main facilities of the university, now it is time for us to explore the campus facilities of Hochschule Bielefeld.
The facilities are listed below,
The Post Room serves as a hub for mail and package services. It efficiently handles incoming and outgoing mail, ensuring that students and staff receive correspondence promptly.
Cafeteria and Coffeebar
The Cafeteria and coffee bar offers a variety of dining options for students and staff.
The Cafeteria provides hearty meals, while the Coffeebar serves beverages and snacks.
These spaces provide students with a relaxed atmosphere for socializing and refueling between classes.
Audimax at Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences is the largest auditorium on campus, designed to accommodate large gatherings, lectures, and events.
14 central lecture halls
The Conference Centre is a modern facility designed for hosting various events, including conferences, seminars, and workshops.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
The university offers a VPN, which is required for remote access to electronic services, such as ebooks, databases, or essays in electronic form.
Each library is equipped with a complimentary overhead book scanner. The scanning process results in the storage of digital files onto a USB device, which is available for loan at the lending desk.
Multifunctional devices encompassing printing, copying, and scanning functionalities are available to cater to the needs of various groups, including students.
IN SHORT POINTS
- Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences (HSBI), officially called Hochschule Bielefeld, is located in Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany
- It is Founded in 1971
- HSBI was among the pioneering institutions of higher education in Germany’s initial wave of Fachhochschulen establishments.
Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences has,
- 3 campuses: Bielefeld, Minden and Gütersloh
- 6 faculties: Design and Art, Minden Campus, Engineering and Mathematics, Social Sciences, Bielefeld School of Business, Health
- 10,535 students Studying, 786 international students
- 222 professors
- 54 lecturers for special assignments
- 331 academic staff members
- 298 administrative staff members
- 41 bachelor programs
- 28 master programs
- 6 certificate programs
- 5 research institutes
- 2 research groups
- Hochschule Bielefeld has over 150 partner universities worldwide.
- HSBI, which has been recognised by the AQAS accreditation commission, assumes the duty of ensuring the quality and ongoing enhancement of its study programs.
- Certified as a family-friendly university.