Ausbildung Wine Technologist in Germany
If you are particularly interested in wine and its making, you can choose an apprenticeship program (Ausbildung) as a wine technologist!
Did you know that humans first started growing grapevines 5000 years ago?
Role of a wine technologist under Ausbildung in Germany
You will track the grape’s full path during your Ausbildung training to become a wine technologist.
They are then pressed into juice, or must, after being crushed into fruit pulp or mash.
The grape must be mechanically or chemically pre-cleared to eliminate dirt residues or skin fragments.
You monitor its fermentation, record the temperature, and collect samples.
When the wine is finished, you test it in a lab to see the level of alcohol and sugar.
If the wine is in perfect condition, it is bottled, preserved, and ready for export.
- You must work diligently and responsibly.
- You possess manual dexterity and technical knowledge.
- Your senses of taste and smell should be keen.
- You should carry a welcoming temperament with you.
Did you know the word “wine” appears more than 200 times in the Bible?
Wine technologist training under Ausbildung in Germany
Three years are required to train (Ausbildung) to become a wine technologist, which takes place at companies and technical colleges.
You learn to evaluate and handle the quality of the grapes and what you should know about alcoholic fermentation.
You put everything you’ve learnt into practice by mashing the grapes and producing wine on-site in the wineries and cellars.
You work with presses, pumps, cooling and heating systems, testing and measuring equipment, and fermentation and bottling plants.
- You can become a state-certified economist with a viticulture focus or a certified wine consultant.
- You can keep going to school to become an expert craftsman.
- You might pursue a career as a technician focusing on viticulture and winemaking.
- You have the choice to work for yourself.
KCR CONSULTANTS will help you with vocational training in Germany.
Produce the finest wine and please your customers!